Factsheets, Tobacco Policy Reports and Resources
For more information on specific tobacco policy topics, click on the links below:
- Smokefree Laws and Policies
- Tobacco Taxes
- Funding for State Tobacco Control Programs
- Helping Smokers Quit: State Cessation Coverage Report
This annual report looks at whether states are doing all they can to help smokers quit.
- For a summary of available resources to help you quit smoking in your state, click here.
- Big Tobacco on Campus: Ending the Addiction – September 2008
This trend alert examines the issue of smoking on college campuses, tobacco industry marketing to college students and policies that colleges can put into place to stop this.
- An Emerging Deadly Trend - Waterpipe Tobacco Use - February 2007
This trend alert looks at the science behind hookah tobacco use, a relatively new tobacco use trend in the United States, and seeks to correct the misperception that hookah tobacco use is harmless.
- From Joe Camel to Kauai Kolada - The Marketing of Candy - Flavored Cigarettes- May 2006
This trend alert summarizes the history of different flavorings in cigarettes, provides evidence of how these new types of cigarettes appeal to youth, and describes state and federal efforts to prohibit their sale.
- Laws that Prevent Stronger Local Tobacco Control Laws
Some states keep local communities from passing tougher tobacco control laws. Is your state one of them?
- State “Smoker Protection” Laws
Lists state laws that elevate smokers to a protected class.
For summary information on state tobacco control laws and state tobacco control legislation, see below:
- SLATI Overview
- This report provides an overview of tobacco control laws and related information for all U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 14 key areas.
- State Tobacco Control Legislation - reports that summarize state tobacco control legislation passed in recent years: