Factsheets, Tobacco Policy Reports and Resources
For more information on specific tobacco policy topics, click on the links below:
- Smokefree Laws and Policies
- Tobacco Taxes
- Funding for State Tobacco Control Programs
- State Tobacco Cessation Coverage
- Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (Electronic Cigarettes)
For American Lung Association tobacco policy reports on various topics, please visit our Tobacco Policy Reports and Resources page on our public website.
For several topic-specific lists concerning state laws, click on the links below:
- Laws that Prevent Stronger Local Tobacco Control Laws
Some states keep local communities from passing tougher tobacco control laws. Is your state one of them?
- State “Smoker Protection” Laws
Lists state laws that elevate smokers to a protected class.
For summary information on state tobacco control laws and state tobacco control legislation, see below:
- SLATI Overview
- This report provides an overview of tobacco control laws and related information for all U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 14 key areas.
- State Tobacco Control Legislation
This reports that summarize state tobacco control legislation passed in recent years:
See how your state measures up!
View our annual State of Tobacco Control report.
Questions? Please contact us.